CULTURAL COUNCIL ENDORSES BASIC PROJECT FOR NEW THEATRE-AUDITORIUM
It will be a multipurpose room with space for 500 seats accommodating all types of presentations
The members of the Cultural Council have reacted positively to a presentation outlining the plans and technical details for the new theatre-auditorium building which has been proposed for the vacant plot behind the Conservatori de Música.
Mayor José Chulvi said that "steps have been taken in this historic acceptance" with councillor Quico Moragues (Culture) adding that the auditorium project is in its initial phase with the next phases being the executive project and finally the actual construction of the building.
Responsible for presenting the infrastructure were Miguel Sanjuan, one of the architects of the project, and Jaime Linares, from the acoustics department at the Polytechnic University of Valencia.
The architect said that the plot on which the auditorium will be built has an incline of around three and a half metres, a situation that can be used to lower the stage area. He also explained that is working with all the prople who would use the building - actors, musicians and other artists - so that they can provide their needs and a satisfactory final draft can be created. He also confirmed that the stage area will be 17 metres by 11 metres and that no seat will have reduced visibility.
The building will have a basement to be used as a storage space, dressing rooms and four warm-up rooms for rehearsals. Jaime Linares said that the auditorium has been widely studied since it will be a multipurpose space and nothing should be left to chance in order to ensure that all positions have optimal sound.
Mayor José Chulvi confirmed that it is expected that construction is expected to begin in the second quarter of 2017.
Click here for previous news on the new auditorium project.
September 2016 - Articles
- The fifth edition of TriXàbia has attracted more than 400 participants
- Valencia pledges to include municipal swimming pool for Javea in 2017 budget
- Cultural council endorses basic project for new theatre-auditorium
- Fogueres 2017 - first official act will choose main representatives for next year
- Residents learn about financial aid as government determines fire recovery policy
August 2016 - Articles
- La Vuelta 2016: final preparations being made for biggest sporting event of the year
- Xàbia seeks tenders for second phase of renovation of pavements in Avda Jaume I
- New floating platforms tested for iconic firework display next month
- Work concludes on the extension of Calle La Caleta
- New auxiliary outpatients clinic opens in the Arenal
July 2016 - Articles
- Ayuntamiento and APASA get together to design and manage new municipal kennels
- Improvement works being carried out in Thiviers
- Moors & Christians 2016: popular fiesta kicks off this weekend
- Summer shopping nights return to the historic centre of Xàbia
- Xàbia Jazz 2016: registration opens for free jazz workshop for kids
June 2016 - Articles
- Valencia reports in favour of protecting fishing platforms and windmills
- Cruz Roja awarded contract for beach surveillance and lifeguards
- Fogueres 2016 - ten days of fiesta kicks off with official opening this evening
- July is the month for classical music in Xàbia
- Municipal swimming pool project moves a step closer
May 2016 - Articles
- La Mar Sala 2016 - exhibitions, sports demonstrations and stalls
- 'Save a Life' new Cruz Roja initiative for First Aid training for English-speakers
- Xàbia prepares its beaches for summer
- Summer craft market returns to Javea Port for another year
- Xàbia awarded four blue flags for 2016
April 2016 - Articles
- Javea embraces campaign to encourage recycling of electrical applicances
- Javea experiences a touch of spring cleaning
- Historic centre offers special spring festival this weekend
- La Vuelta 2016 - Ayuntamiento advises businesses on possible effects
- Tender period to open for drafting of new auditorium project
March 2016 - Articles
- Public health to host conference to plan fight against tiger mosquito
- Xabia opens new season of tourist guided routes this Easter
- Annual craft fair will combine leisure with tradition during Easter
- Simon Montague elected as new president of 'Xabia Historica'
- Renovation work begins on iconic blue dome of Calvario
February 2016 - Articles
- Sunday morning craft market every week in Xabia
- Help desk Xabia - resident advice in four languages
- Xabia requests permission to convert San Antonio lighthouse into visitor centre
- La Vuelta 2016 - the individual time trial stage will leave Xabia
- Xabia finally inaugurates portal del clot building for municipal and police offices
January 2016 - Articles
- Montgo Rock Festival returns to Javea in May
- Tourism and Economic Development merged into single participation advisory panel
- Over 1500 taxpayers in Javea have activated personalised payments plans
- San Sebastian 2016 - fiesta in honour of the patron saint of Javea
- New Auditorium Project begins to take shape